resolutions are dumb. so dumb. we all forget. or throw them out. or give up. personally, that is not how I want to start the new year.
but nevertheless the new year does kinda feel like a new beginning.
last year my life saw a lot of change:
the end of a relationship, the end of the family structure I knew, another step towards eating disorder recovery, health complications, two semesters of overwhelming school responsibilities, being charged with the task of discipling underclassmen, traveling to new places, eating weird foods, confronting my core beliefs, a new family forming, etc.
but most of all last year was a year of REDEMPTION. Something I never thought I deserved.
As I move forward into the new year I am trying to do a few more things with my time.
these are small goals, just for me.
here goes nothing
1. at least once every other week I want to spend alone time with God. - i dont want to put any more stipulations to it. alone time with the Lord will look different as life changes. so God - here I come. work in me. this also doesn't mean that I wont spend more time with Him. But I know that if I give Him some time every now and then - He will do big things for me and through me.
2. we're going to try to be a little better about keeping a planner. with only half a year of school left and then jobs I gotta get better at it. i'll start with a physical planner but if that gets to be too much, I'll use google cal or something lol.
3. HEALTH - i need to see the counselor or psychologist at least once a month. end of story. it has to happen. preferably every week but we will see how this goes.
4. Wesley - Lord, let me pour my heart and soul into Wesley this semester. Allow me to see what I need to do. Please Please Please. Let me prioritize Wesley above non-important social obligations.
5. Do more fun things. Buy less things I don't need. :)
6. Love harder. Love unconditionally. Love with every word, action, and thought.
Future Brooke - I hope you did at least some of these !! <3